For young people
This project won’t happen without the energy and enthusiasm of the young people who get involved.
Are you aged 18-24 years?
Do you care about the environment and your local community? Do you want to do something to really make a difference to the future of our planet?
Then this project is for you!
So what’s in it for you?
This project can help you to:
- gain new skills through hands-on experience of planting and maintaining orchards
- learn about ways to earn a living working with trees
- take pride in the space you have created
- improve the environment for yourself and your local community
- feel healthier as a result of working outdoors
- learn about the importance of trees for climate change, biodiversity and sustainable global development
- meet people and make new friends in your local community
How to get involved
If you would like to be part of the project or know someone who would, please speak to a support or youth worker at your local YMCA (you can find your local YMCA here). If they are not part of the project this year they can get involved in the next round so why not encourage them to apply!