For local communities
There are many opportunities for community members to
get involved in this project, including help with:
- tree planting, pruning, care and other gardening jobs
- designing for example Apple Day
- teaching young people about fruit trees and how to care for them
- planning and preparing fruit based produce that can then be sold
- selling YMCA centre-grown fruit
- building seating, sculptures or mosaics
to make new orchards even more attractive places in which to stop and sit
We are very keen for local volunteers to get involved in this project and help YMCA centres establish fabulous orchards on their local sites!
If you would like to be part of the project or know someone who would, please speak to a support or youth worker at your local YMCA (you can find your local YMCA here) or contact YMCA England at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If they are not part of the project this year they can get involved in the next round so why not encaurage them to apply!
For the list of YMCA centres involved in the project already click here.