How will we achieve our goals?
- We will work with 50 YMCA centres over the course of 3 years;
- At least 50 new orchards will be planted on YMCA sites and all orchard designs and enterprise activities will be led by young people and support staff, including community volunteers;
- With a series of practical workshops the YMCA staff and young people will be trained to give support to new residents and to mentor attendees of YMCA Youth Groups;
- A Young People’s Panel will be appointed to help shape the project and oversee the Annual Orchard Competition.
- Youth Groups Survey will be conducted to investigate their perception of local outside spaces, how they are used and managed;
- Project website and free online resources will be available for all YMCA sites, youth groups and supported housing groups to use for information, inspiration and practical advice.